If you have a brand new website but not configured any SEO just yet, then now is the time to install and brush up on your on-site search engine optimisation. Some plugins are simple and easy to use, others more complex and cumbersome, we have put to the test one plugin that still stands the test of time.
So let us explain what it is, and how it can help you:
Yoast SEO is by far the most used and recognised SEO plugin for WordPress with over 1 million installs to date, the use of snippet preview is the way to go when writing your search snippets. The plugin will help you write better search snippets, allowing you to use focus keywords, Page & content analysis.
As a company that builds websites and has a prime focus on SEO, we only use the premium plugin on each site we build. But don’t be fooled the free version has one of the best set of features you can get in a free plugin. If you have a WordPress website and never thought about Search Engine Optimisation then get this beauty installed, Yoast now features a simple installation process, it can now take you through a walkthrough to setup the basics, including setting up your search metrics, social media data and whether your a company or individual (blogger), the setup looks like the pic below.
So what are the main features of Yoast SEO (Free)
- Focus keyword and content analysis
- Post titles and meta descriptions optimisation
- Configure your Robots.txt file (Tell search engines what they can index on your site)
- Readability check on your content
- Configure the Canonical links across your site
- Setup optimised breadcrumbs
- Set up primary category across your blog
- Configure XML sitemaps that conform with Google
- Newsfeed inhancements (RSS)
Additional features of the Premium version
- A great redirect manager for managing dead links or when you change a url
- Multiple focus keywords
- Social previews, allows you to edit the share content such as a dedicated image and description
- And above all premium support
For a full feature list and more information see the full Yoast feature list here
We do much more than just use a Plugin for SEO on all the websites we build, but this gives our clients access and control of their SEO when we hand the site over to them. Its a great way to put the user in control, and gives them a better understanding that a site is more than just going live. SEO is forever adapting and changing, Google now has live algorithms to ensure they index the best sites in order of content relevant to what the web user is searching for, so the use of a quality SEO plugin as Yoast will help you now and in the future.
Want to get Yoast SEO for WordPress then visit the plugin repository
Hope this little article helps you guys out, leave any comments below just by clicking leave a reply.